Wednesday, December 17, 2008

North of the Border

The Canadian kooks get a rather glowing profile in Back of the Book, which I presume is .

Get the usual casual racism from Ian Woods:

“I first became suspicious of the official story released by the Bush administration as soon as the White House and FBI fingered Osama bin Laden and the 19 so-called hijackers as being the culprits. I asked myself, 'How could a rag tag bunch of goat herders pull off a stunt like that?'”


Yeah, how could a bunch of camel jockeys hijack four planes? Heck, how could they even get on four planes with those camels? Or goats, for that matter.

Graham MacQueene wants us all to know he's not a theologian:

“Occasionally 'debunkers' have criticized me for my work on the Towers, sneering that I’m just a religious studies prof -- often they mistakenly say theologian -- and don’t know anything about engineering. [However], I’ve never pretended to be an engineer or a physicist. My main contributions have been in the analysis of texts, which I’m obviously trained for. The main body of texts I’ve concentrated on is the oral histories of the New York Fire Department, which constitute about 10,000 pages of very rich material. When, on occasion, I do research that requires skill in engineering, I ask engineers to help me. I’m currently completing an article with a co-author who is an engineer.”


Tell us, Graham, what do you think about the oral history from John Peruggia? Don't you think it pretty much rules out controlled demolition of the towers? Don't you think it explains where Rudy Giuliani got his information that the towers were going to collapse? Oh, no, that's right, your whole reason for being a Troofer is:

“It was the 'collapse' of the Towers -- the physical impossibility of it -- that led [me] to [the] certainty of fraud.”


I suggest that you read Peruggia's testimony again, and about the city building engineer who told him he was worried that the North Tower was going to collapse.

I was in a discussion with Mr. Rotanz and I believe it was a representative from the Department of Buildings, but I'm not sure. Some engineer type person, and several of us were huddled talking in the lobby and it was brought to my attention, it was believed that the structural damage that was suffered to the towers was quite significant and they were very confident that the building's stability was compromised and they felt that the north tower was in danger of a near imminent collapse.


That this is far from an objective piece, but instead a glowing profile, is obvious from the ending:

The slow exposure of the Bush/Cheney deceit machine pushes against the fog of trauma and pain left by 9/11. Their bag of tricks has included unprovoked invasions of other nations, huge tax paybacks to large corporations, the looting of natural resources, war profiteering, illegal wiretapping, the outing of an undercover CIA operative, torture and human rights offences, the recent Wall Street bailout, the USA Patriot Act, and the violent deaths of a million innocent civilian men, women, and children in Iraq and Afghanistan, based on lies. While many still want to believe that the Bush/Cheney gang are telling the truth about 9/11, it’s increasingly hard not see that as an incredible leap of faith.


I love the guys who point out in exhaustive detail the Bush/Cheney Administration's many exhaustively-reported (supposed) scandals, and then append that they brilliantly staged 9-11 and fooled all the media.

Labels: , ,